Thursday, June 13, 2013

Love Without Words

Hi! My name is Alyssa Champion and this is my Cambodian family. While I was on a mission trip to Cambodia I got to stay with this family. Included in the picture is: (from far left to right) Davi, Taylor, Lukas, Ming, Sovann, and Bros. One thing that God taught me through is family is that love is truly an action word. I hear this all the time but it was so evident in this situation when communication was hard. I didn't know Khmer and most of the family didn't know much English but they showed me unconditional love. They showed
me love by offering Taylor and I two of the three beds they had in their two room house for six people. They showed us love by cooking us breakfast when they typically didn't eat breakfast. They showed us love by inviting us unreservedly into their home. They showed us love by sharing their life with us and for that I will always be grateful. Love is an action words especially when you do not have words. I have felt extremely loved by my host family and the people here. This country and its people will forever change the way I look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment